Elder Benjamin Larson



Thursday, June 14, 2012

Good Birthday

Hey Mom, Jess Steve and Spence,
Hope that your all feeling better, sounds like you got hit pretty hard with the flew. Sorry to here about your job thing falling through., hopefully you will be able to work next week.
So I am doing good here in the Philippines, I had a good birhtday talking to you guys, it was nice to hear all your voices . And this was a pretty normal week, it has beeen raining more lately and I am getting wettert. I like the rain though cause it's coolder. But it's wetter too, so that is the down side.
So We had a few family home evenings with one investigator family, and also a Less Active family ANd then a Investigator and her New member friends. So we had three FHE's one afte4r the other this week. It was fun thought. And we and my companion made Mango Floats, with Gray-ham (gaham) crackers. they were very yummy, but probably not as good as waat you all ate on sunday after steve and spencers talks. I bet those were great.
I got Katelyn's wedding announcement, I have neber met her new husband, but she looks happy there, did you get to meet the guy? How old is he??? IS he nice? DId Katelyn seem really happy?? Ha, lots of questions sorry.
Sorry mom, Notheing really exciting has been happenig, we had to move back the Baptismal Date of one of our investigators because she dreanked coffee on saturday. We told her that one thing she can do is switch to another drink. One drink I drink a lot here is called Energen, it is like hot chocolat with some oatmeal in it, it is really good, I drink it every morning, ha more like three times a week, ha. It is good though, closest thing to milk I can find, but it's hot so not the same.
So I was talking to my comp E. Montejo last nicght, about vampires, He asked me if I bleleave in that kind of stuff, I told him no. And then he said, why is there Twighlight then? I then chuckled a little, and explained to him that Twilight is just a story , and fake, the people in it aren't really vampires, and wear wolves. And then he said, How do you explain the people who drink blood and stuff, I told him that those kind of people are just wierd and crazy. Then I told him the story of Dracula, how he was a real person but not a real Vampire, he was just a creep and a sick person who enjoyed killing people and drinking their blood, thats it. Then he said, "I still believe in it". ha THe people here in the Philippines are very suppersticious, they believe in Withces, Aswangs (mystical creatures) and vampires and stuff. My comp also asked me if I believe gohst can show them selves in pictures, I say to him, no it is just in the head, in the thoughts. He believes it, haha I think it's funny. I have learned that my comp is a very afraid person. He has many affraids, when a dog barks iven it is across the street or far away, he jumps, and when we walking in the rain, with our umbrellas, if it has lightning or thunder, he quickly closes his umbrella, or he holds onto the Plastic part only cause 'he will be ok if he gets hit by lightning and he holds the plastic', ha and he also makes random noises, like because he is afraid, because he thinks of himself getting hit by a car or struck by lightning, and it scares him, haha, he is so funny, and just, has a lot of fobias he says. haha, I also have to be the one to turn out the light at night.
So the Filipino people are one of a kind people, they are so funny, even if you explain to them how this wierd things happen, they still believe in all this wierd stuff. Haha i love them. So I hope you are all diong well and don't have the flue. And also this is our new address to our Mission, just incase I haven't told you yet,
Elder Benjamin Larson
Philippines Quezon City Mission
Aurora Blvd. Cor. JP Rizal Street
Project 4, Cubao
Quezon City 1109, MM, Philippines
I love you all so much, and hope you are doing well, and Steve and Spence, don't get married yet if you can help it, we still have to play, haha, joke, but seriously try to hold off a while, ha unless you fall in love or something crazy like that, if that happens I guess you can get married. Ha
Mom, I love you, and miss you, and am so gratefull for you! And Jess, I freekin love you! And I hope you are enjoying your calling as the Munchy Mingly Person or whatever, ha, I love you kid.
BE safe all you peole, and take care of eachother.
Love Elder Benjamin Lamoreaux Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment