Elder Benjamin Larson



Thursday, April 5, 2012

When the Lord commands, I odey #2

Hey mom and jess,

I am doing pretty good here in my new area, I am here in Marikina 4, it is nice. The people are so nice as usual. My comp is Elder Basalo, he is a Filipino. I really am so blessed to have had all Filipino companions on my mission. He is only 4 months in the mission, he came in, in November 2011. I am a senior companion.................... and a District Leader.

So it sounds like you have a lot of fun in your cruise!! Man that sounds so fun, I want to cruise one day. Next time you go I want to come with you too. So our apartment is really small. They say it is the smallest in the mission. Once you open the door and take your first step, you are at our desks, your second step is into the kitchen, if you step right you get into our rooms, if you step left, you go into the CR (comfort room, or bathroom). My comp is really cool, I like him a lot. He is still in his first area. So he knows the ward very well. But he told me our first night together that he will lead the area, cause I don't know it yet, but he wants me to lead everything else, the lessons, the contacting, everything like that. We will have to work with him a little bit with that to help him learn how.

So it is fun here. I was sad that I only spent 1 transfer in Quezon city south, but I am exited for this new area, and all these new people. We had a Less Active member ask us a question last week, her question was why did Joseph Smith have a lot of wives, it is forbidden in the bible. We told her that God's ways are higher than ours, and that all throughout the bible there are things like, that happening. We told her about Abraham sacrificing Isac, and how it is forbidden to Kill people, but Abraham was commanded to kill his son. Also about Nephi Slaying Laban. She understood what we were saying but wanted a SCRIPTURE saying that Joseph Smith was commanded to have many wives.

I really don't like answering or even talking about that subject because before I came on my mission, I struggled with this as well, why joseph had Many wives, it just doesn't really make sense to me. But Today we talked about it in District Meeting and I asked our Zone leaders what they do in this situation, they told me that they don't answer the question. They say that they tell them to read the Book Of Mormon and pray again about Joseph Smith, and if he is a prophet, than it doesn't matter what he does, cause he is commanded of god. Like it says in D&C, God will NEVER allow a prophet to lead us astray, if a Prophet did decide to be dissobedient, he would be destroyed. So Obviously Joseph was a Prophet, cause 1, the BOM is true, and 2, Joseph didn't get destroyed by God. haha.

So that is one thing that happened to me this week. Nothing too exciting going on. I feel a little over whelmed sometimes with all the lord calls me to do, but as Joseph Smith said in the restoration movie," I don't let myself question God....... when the lord commands, I obey" So Joseph Smith was a prophet, and the church is true.

I hope you are all happy, and getting back into the groove of work and all. Mom, you HAVE TO TELL ME WHERE DANIEL GETS CALLED!!! I have been wanting to send him a letter, but it is so hard here. No post offices to the US. I don't know how we will swing the whole Jon coming here. I want to see him and all, and my pres said it is ok, but the problem is where, and when. So this is our Phone number right now, You guys aren't allowed to call or text me so don't try, haha, but if Jon gets a cell phone, he can text me or call and we can set up the thing 0927-546-3678 . If not, just tell him to look up where the Aurora Church is in Manilla, I think it's the same address that you use to send me letters / packages. But he can go there to the office and ask someone there if they can get a hold of me to go to lunch and stuff. it should work out.

I love you all and hope you are all so happy. Jess, I hope you are having fun right now in work and stuff. I love you!!!!!

So I love you all, and wish the best for you. Love you guys, Mom!!

Love,Elder Benjamin Lamoreaux Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment