Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, August 8, 2011

I fly to the Philippines on the 16th


Hey mom!!

Yes only 1 1/2 weeks to go! I am excited but a little nervous at the same time!!!!! Man I hope I can learn the language really quick when we get out there.

so an elder in my district, my good friend Elder Gallacher has a hernia we found out yesterday, so he probably won't be able to come with us, cause he needs surgery of course, but it would be appreciated if you could remember him in your prayers. HE really needs it! Hopefully they will get it fixed quick and he will heal quick and will be able to come with us, but if not then its ok cause he needs to be ok berfore he leaves here.

So I don't know if you are still doing the quilt or not, but it will probably be really expensive to send for you and recieve for me if you send it to the phillippines. I here it costs a lot to pick up packages, so just so you know I think it would be better to send to the MTC, while i am here haha. also its not very important but my flip flops were broken here because some kid, oh elder, thought it would be funny to step on them while i was walking. But yeah they broke so if you could maybe find some just cheap ones at like old navy or walmart and send them with the quilt or whatever that would be nice.

so this week has been good. we have been teaching a lot more, like three investigators instead of one. and we only teach in tagalog, it has helped a lot, but I the language is still hard. I have faith in the lord though, that he will help me when I leave for the philippines, I know he will give me the things I need to help me grow the most. And i will do my best to take them and have a good attittude about them, liek the dandilion and the prison. ha i will have hope like a dandilion.

I hope you and jess are happy and good! I am excited to get to talk to you when i leave on the 16 of august. which reminds me, so I have a lay over in california, about a 4 hour lay over, so i will probably try to call you then. we land at 9:30, but it might be like 8:30 or 10;30 when I call, so I will call at one of those times, so just stay by the phone i guess, or which phone should I call, our home or your cell, just let me know cause I have one more P-day before I leave, it will be on saturday though i think, so just let me know which phone to call, and I will. I love you so much!!!! And I want you to know that i am as ready as i can be to go to the philippines, I will do my best to serve the people there and server the lord, and i hope it will be enough!!

Remember how much I love you both, and I hope you guys are happy!!! I hope jess has fun in New York!!! It soudns so fun!!!! I wish I could come but it is ok cause i am excited to leave to the philippines!!!!
I love you mom, and i miss becket and pako actually haha. stay busy and happy.

Love you son, and Brother

Elder Benjamin L. Larson

P.S the flight to hong kong is like 16 hours ha just a fun fact haha. love you

No comments:

Post a Comment