Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, August 8, 2011

Lunch with Bishop Belnap

hey guys,

There has been a lot of good stuff this week. Margie was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. She was so happy that she hugged me after I baptized her. It was a very special moment to be able to do that. Margie is a bigger lady so I was kind of nervous, I even had a dream the night before that I couldn't get her up and out of the water. But it was really easy. Her husband Scott was able to come and see her get baptized and it was a miracle. So Scott is a man of his word and a couple weeks earlier he promised a lady across the street that he would help her move on that same Saturday of the Baptism. It was not good. Margie was angry at Scott and he was unsure of what to do. So we stepped in and the morning of the baptism we helped him move this lady out of her cat infested house. The baptism was at 10am and we started loading the truck at 9am. We moved quickly and effectively to get it done. Elder Gordon was packing the lady's stuff neatly in the truck while Scott and I hauled it out of the house. We were done in 35 minutes. What a miracle. Now, ever since Scott saw his wife baptized he has acted a little differently. He even joked with us after church about baptism, " so hows that water right now?" I joked back and said," We can fill it up right now if you want." He will get baptized a long with his son.
Earlier in the week we played basket ball with the rest of the Elders in the Elders Quorum. It was so much fun and even Scott came and played. We have a carpet court and it was cleaned that same day so it was all slippery. And still we all insisted on playing. Luckily nobody got hurt.
On Wednesday my bishop in my home ward, Bishop Belnap came to visit me and take me and Elder Gordon out to lunch. We went to The California Pizza Kitchen. It was very good and we got to catch up on alot of things with him and stuff that is happening at home. Thank you for the package mom.
Transfer calls were this Saturday and I found out that Elder Gordon is leaving me here in Bonita Springs to go to New Tampa up north. He wasn't so excited but I think he will like it as he starts working with the people there. I am going to get another Elder Cook who is from Cody, Wyoming. I will have to ask him if he knows anything or anybody in Casper. I love this work and I am so thankful that the Lord has saw fit to call me to do his work. Everybody have a good week.


Elder Spencer Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment