Elder Benjamin Larson



Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Halloween not on Oct 31 but on Nov 1



Hey my Mom and my Jess, and all you other wonderful people whoever you are!!!!

First things first, I am doing good here in the Philippines mom, not sick or anything, pooping is a little hard, ha but oatmeal helps. Ha ha Biro Lang, (Just joking)

Mom that is so exciting to hear that you are the champion of all the other quilters in all the land of Utah!! I am not surprised, you are the greatest!! No doubts. And you deserve those bragging rights, you should do it again next year, make it a tradition, although someday you will have to resign so other moms will have a chance to try and be as good as you. I love you Mom.

Jess!!!!!! How is your hair?! Nice and long I hope!! You said you would grow it out while I was on my mission. Maalala Ka ba? (You remember?) Ha No but really, I think it would be sweet if you did that. if not thats ok.

So this week has been tough and fun. We Baptized Tatay Edano and Sister Jocelyn last saturday!!! I think, it was last saturday, anyways, I attached some pictures so you can see. I hope it worked. It is so great to see someone who you have been working with for so long, and waiting with for so long, finally get baptized. And be apart of it. So I baptized Tatay, and my comp. Baptized Nanay. I like these pictures. One thing I noticed is how people look shorter in pictures, like in person I don't realize how short some of the people are, but then standing next to them in a picture, they look so short!! Ha fun stuff.

So let's see, man one thing happened today that was gross. Me and another elder in our house went to go get him a hair cut, I didn't need one, only him. So we went and just a little clarification about barbershops here in the Philippines. So I think they are all a little Gender confused. Cause All the girls that work there, are Tomboy, or Lezbian, and all the men are Bakla's, Gay's. So there's a weird thing. So we went to the regular place, and I just sat and studied / looked at pictures while Elder Cazimero got his hair cut. ( Elder Cazimero isn't my comp. he is just another Elder in our house, and we went together for this.) So a Bakla or a guy who tries to look like a girl cut his hair. And apperently he thinks I am cute and was asking if I have a girl friend. Yup, we got out of their fast!!!! Not going back there again!!!

We also had a halloween ward party and we stopped by to see if any investigators showed up, a few did, new investigators which was exciting. Anyway, so we went and I saw that little girl in the Minie costume and she was so cute!! I had to take a picture and show you! I hope it works. There is many cute Filipino young ones here.

So, nothing too exciting happened this week. The language is still a pain. And people don't look at me in the eyes when I teach, or even just talk, because they are shy, very shy, and that is actually really bother to me. I don't know why. But they look at my comp, and answer my questions to him. Ha fun again. Oh one different thing here, is that Halloween is on November 1 not October 31, so Halloween is tommorrow? Ha and Instead of trick or treating they go to their families graves, which aren't under the ground they are above ground in these cement box things, and then they paint their families graves. Ha a little different.

So I hope you are all doing well. And wow, the twins are going to be 21 soon! They are so old! Ha I hope they are doing good. They seem good from their e-mails.

So mom and Jess, I love you guys, sorry no way cool stories this week. But I am doing good, my health is doing alright, and I am pushing through everything. I know the lord is always with me, because he called me here, and now I am following his call, so as long as I continue to do my best, he will be there to make up what I can't do. I know he loves us all, and we are his children. I know that just having that knowledge is such a blessing! One of my favorite scriptures right now is in 2 Nephi I think verse 22 verse 2, It says, something like this, "The lord has been my support, and my song, I will trust in him and not fear. He has also become my salvation.." something along those lines. but I like that scripture, it gives peace to me, and I know that if I don't fear, and just do as he asks, and continue to trust in him, he will always continue to support me and lift me. I know this is true, and am so happy to share it with you.

I love you both, and hope you are happy. As well as the rest of you, my family! You are all great and your prayers are felt, thank you!

Love your son, and brother.

Elder Benjamin Lamoreaux Larson

PS. the picture of the ship I thought Matt and Ashton would like, a member in our ward made it with his own hands. I think using only his hands, and tools of course ha. but I tought it was way cool. Love you again.
Oh the other picture is of me eating sugar cane. I was a survice project. It's like a stick and you peel it, then you take a bite out of the wood like it a string cheese, and just munch, you cant swallow.













No comments:

Post a Comment