Elder Benjamin Larson



Thursday, November 10, 2011

Father why did you curse me with such a fase of handsome and awesomeness!

Hey dad and kris and kids!

I am doing good here, i hope you are good too!! I love you all!!!! And miss you! Anni are you excited about your birthday!?? It's coming up soon! wow I can't believe you are going to be 11 !!! SO big. You too Davo, you are getting so good at sports, you are going to be able to beat me at soccer when I get back!

SO this week, Nanay at Tatay Edano were baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally. They have been waiting so long, they were first taught in december of last year, wow, and They were so happy to be baptized. Ha the thing is, is that at the baptism, all the baptismal clothes for the investigators were too small for Tatay, Ha we gave him the biggest one but he still had a huge wedgie, basically you could see his butt crack from 50 yards away, ha he was ok with it, and just walked around like it was nothing, he is so funny! I was able to baptize him, and my comp. Elder Samson baptized, Nanay. Ha except he had to do it four times!! Because he said, she was heavy, but truly, elder Samson is kinda small. ha Man I wish I had pictures but this computer won't let me send them, Sayong, (waste!) ha But they were baptized and so happy to be baptized. I think Nanay was crying after she came out of the waters.

So this week.............. Oh yes of course, drunk man story of the week, so yesterday, we were on our way to see a family of investigators, and they are great, just so you know, the Digamon, Family. Anyways, so on our way, we passed a group of people, and one Tatay, was drunk! Ha He wanted to shake my hand so I shook his hand like a good little missionary. then we went to our appointment, but wait, ok, it gets better. After our appointment, we again exited the home and passed by the group again, the Tatay that was drunk, again came to me and shook my had, but as I turned to leave him, he wouldn't let me go. then he said to me, " Friend I want to kiss you" 'What the Junk!' I thought! So I just said, "Ayos lang po tay" (no thanks tatay,) But he persisted, " Oh friend, it's ok. Friends Kiss on cheeks." I don't know what kind of friends he has, kissin his cheeks and all, but My cheeks are for my future Wife! I just said again, no thanks, but then he tried pulling me down to his level. This story sound familiar yet? Yup, just like that old Nanay grandma person who wanted to kiss my cheeks. So I just straitened up and he couldn't reach! Hah hah I'm taller than you Tatay's and Nanay's that want to kiss me! Ha I don't understand, Grandma's wanting to kiss me is one thing, but saggy old drunk men, what's that all about!? I must be too handsome for my own good. "why father, why did you curse me with such a face of Handsome and awesomeness!" Ha just kidding. no but really, people are very affectionate here. It's fun! If your the one watching your companion getting smuthered to death by old people's puckered lips trying to touch your face.

Yup, so now serious. Life is good. We had temple trip today, so that's why P-day is on Tuesday instead of Monday. It was great. I got to thinking while I was in the temple. Before this life, when we were in heaven, we all excepted the lord's plan, but did we know where we were going? Did we have any Idea or choice? I think not, I think of it like a mission call, you accept the call to go, and then you take a leap of faith and go where the lord wants you to go. Then I realized, we, You, my family, have been so blessed!! Just to be born in America, holy cow I am sorry family, but this is true. YOU ARE BLESSED!! AS AM I! Therefore, we need to Make the best of our blessings and GIVE to those WHO HAVE NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I feel like I am ripping off the Filipino people being an American. I really feel like we have so many blessings, and when we reject our fellow men, or reject the opportunity to serve, we are being selfish, and should help everyone!! For me, before my mission, I didn't like doing service, especially, if it made me sweat. But really, god has given us a law, and commandment called, the law of Concecration! It means we put the lord and his way before us, we serve him before ourselves. It says in the BOM, "and when ye are in the service of your fellow being, you are in the service of your god" don't know where it is in B o M but it's in there. This means that if we are commanded to serve god, or do as he asks, we are commanded too to serve our fellow beings, our brothers and our sisters.! Think about how you would feel, if after you die, you go to heaven and a person that looks familiar comes up to you, and with Tears in her/ his eyes, says, " I needed help. Why didn't you give it?" K so maybe thats not such a great example but it makes sense to me so just humor me, ha. If you were having a hard day, really hard day, you would want help, god sometimes gives his children help through others. and sometimes, he chooses us, YOU, as those 'OTHERS' to help those in need. Elder Bednar said, "It is such a blessing to be trusted of the Lord, to HELP one of his children!" Don't let god down, US all!!!!! Lets Help our fellow persons who are less fortunate and more fortunate too. If anyone needs help, I encourage you all to sacrifice your time, which is precious to you, and God, and serve your Brothers and sisters.

So that's pretty much all, I hope you understood it all! I love you dad, and thankyou for all your support and prayers, and letters and stuff. And kris, you too, you make a difference in my mission. Ha oh P.S I haven't gotten the package yet. I guess it takes a while, sorry.

Anni and David, You are so great! I love you both to death!! and think about you a lot! You two are great examples and missionaries to all of your friends! I look up to you guys so much! Thankyou!

Love your son and Brother,

Elder Benjamin Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment