Elder Benjamin Larson



Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rockin T4

Dear Family,

We have had a great week this week. Monday was a slow and painful day where elder Larson and I wanted to die because we had nothing to do accept stay in our apartment and wait for Halloween to be over. Man! I wanted to go trick or treating. I got over it pretty fast. Even though it is hard everyday to get things moving in this area we still diligently strive to make it work. And everyday as I look back has improved little by little,and step by step. We found two new people to teach this week. First one we found up north in our area. Her name is Amanda and she was on a street where every house had a dogs that consistently barked at us. I couldn't even hear myself think. but the spirit was with us and we were able to teach her the first lesson. She is very receptive and open to what we have to say. I asked her what she believed in and she really didn't know. All she said is that she believed that there is a good and a Bad. What a beautiful place to start in building her testimony of the restored gospel.
The other person that is now investigating is a guy named Brian. We found him after knocking on a less -active members house. It was pretty funny, we walked out and I looked over and I saw him with his other 23 yrd friend and brian had this random stick in his hand. He was twirling it and swing it like a crazy ninja; accept he is a white guy with no shoes on. So we talked to him and his friend and he was interested. We later taught him the first lesson and it went pretty well. We even got him to say the closing prayer after some persuasion and faith building. He has some issues with the Word of Wisdom so we have some work to do with him. The interesting thing that me and Elder Larson talked about later is that even though we both don't know these people accept for the two times we talked with them; we feel almost like parents who want the best for his children. I love them and really do want what is best for both of them in the temporal and spiritual state.

We have one investigator that we have been working with for a little while. His name is Heran. He is from China a long with his parents who are from what I understand agnostic. I was so excited to find out that they were chinese. So when his mom offered to give us a drink I decided right then that I would say thankyou in chinese. When she came with the drinks I said," bu ku qi." She smiled and said," Bu ku qi" back. Right then I realized that I said the wrong thing to her. I Should have said, Xie xie. which means thankyou. But instead I said your welcome. I felt really dumb but she understood what I was trying to say. Heran is a great kid and we are going to set a date with him this week and I got to work on my chinese.

The Lord has blessed us so much this week as we have just strived to be obedient to his commandments. I am very excited to see what is going to happen in the next couple weeks I will keep you all posted. I love you all.


[Elder Spencer Larson]

p.s. I know I say this every time I get a new companion but Elder Larson is my favorite companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment