Elder Benjamin Larson



Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Halloween

My Friends and Family,

This week was a good week with a lot of new changes and things happening. I got transferred to Tampa 4 again and you will never guess who the lord put me with. My new companion is Elder Larson. I thought, of all the other missionaries in the mission you had to put me with some one with the same last name. It has been very interesting talking to people and telling them our names. They just look again and ask if we are brothers or something like that. I hope we don't give the impression that we are from a polygamist family or something like that. So we are going to talk to president to see what he thinks we should do. Other than that elder Ryan Larson is very awesome to be with. He is from Spokane, Washington, he has been out for 14 months, he is a music gunky and it is killing him to not listen to all his favorite music. He is so talented with the piano and for the opening song for our comp. study he plays his Ukulele. One of the things that we are going to do is find out if we are related somehow.
The trip up from bonita was really fun, I got to talk with some of my favorite missionaries Elder Berry and Sister O'Neil. When we got to Tampa Elder Larson was there with the spanish elders to pick me and other elders up. So we squished into a spanish members little truck and went to their apartment to get our car. It was about 9:30 pm by this time and I was so ready for bed by that time but the night wasn't quite over for us. As I was loading my stuff into our car, a guynamed Tim came up to Elder Larson and I and asked us if we needed help. He was so drunk, slurring his words and almost tripping over himself. I just told him no thankyou and shook his hand. He almost missed my hand when he tried to shake and I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. But that wasn't the end of tim. he got to talking with the Spanish elders and he ended up giving them one of his couches for free. now I can say that I took a couch from a drunk guy, He probably is going to wake up in the morning wondering who the heck stole his couch. What a funny time. After that we were about to leave so Elder larson went to shut the trunk and as he did the bike rack wasn't on all the way so when he did it shattered the back windshield. All I could do was laugh it was so random and funny. We ended up getting a ride with the spanish member home.

In this area things have been slow. we have had to work super hard to get things started in this area. During one of our tracting sessions we knocked into two high school girls, Jennesa and Alexus. At first they shut us down telling us that they weren't that interested. So it came to mind that i should give them a pamphlet so I did and out of nowhere I began to teach about prophets and the gospel in our day. They became so interested they sat down on the floor inside while we sat on their door step. It was an amazing and wonderful experience. We are working on teaching them more. We have found 4 more people were interested in learning more.

We had a Halloween trunk or treat party in the ward and a lot of people remembered me from before. It was so nice to be able to talk with this ward again. I think that this ward had a hard time with the previous missionaries from what I have seen and from what Elder Larson has told me. But I think that we have already gained a l lot of the trust back just in this first week. I am very excited for this next week and I hope that we can really start the fire for missionary work in this area/ ward.

I hope that everyone is doing well. Have a happy Halloween. I love you all.

--
[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment