Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, October 24, 2011

Hey hey hey good bye

Good Morning to you all,

This week has been a bery good week. From Monday to Saturday the space in the back of my mind was being taken up by the thought of transfers. It wasn't worrying me because I know as I have always known that where ever I go is where the lord has need of me. I found out that after Six months of being in bonita I am getting transfered to .......... drum roll... Tampa 4. When I found out I was just like," Tampa 4 again?" I guess I messed up the first time the lord sent me there so he is sending me back. Hehe the lord has a great sense of humor, he has to, to be able to deal with us all the time. Right after we found out we went over to Margies and Scotts house and told them the news. Margie was so sad and also very angry that I was leaving. She told me that she is going to write president Summerhays telling him that to send me back here until he does it. I guess she is going to be writing president a lot. Scott told me that he was very thankful for all the things that I had done for him and his family. Then for the last time we played Ispy go fish with scottie. what a kid. They kid knapped us for most of the day and it was way fun. WE went to a little community fair where they raced down the river in Kiaks. We talked to a lot of people who were there and we also got our pictures taken by a the Bonita news paper. So pretty much we are famous. its too bad I am leaving I could have used that.

The ward is so sad to see me leave. Bishop called me up to bear my testimony for the last time and it felt like I was giving a farewell testimony from my home. This sunday was probably the most busy I have ever been. Everyone invited us over for dinner and I think we had about 3 or 4 dinners. I am dead and still stiuffed full today.


I have been pondering a lot this week about something that I read, " ask and it shall be given you, seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you." this saying hit me harder than ever before. I feel like Joseph Smith because I have been searching in the scriptures a lot and I have been getting frusterated trying to find answers to my questoins and not finding the answers as fast as I want. But the lord gave me that assurance that he will answer and it may come slowly and unnoticed like the rising of the sun on a cloudy day just like Elder Bednar stated in his conference talk a while ago. So I am happy and excited for the answers that do come and I am thankful for all that the lord has blessed me with. There is a quote that says," The man who forgets to be thankful, is asleep in life," That also was very helpful and is helpful to all who are in search for happiness and truth.

You all will find this story really funny. We went over to John and Richard Hallquist's house for a dinner during the week. They have a bigger plot of yard than a lot of people in the area so they use those big lawn mowers you ride on to mow there grass. For some weird reason they had three of them, so Richard challenged us to a race. We drew straws on which Mower we were to use. I got the fasted one and the got the slower ones, but it didn't matter they were all super low speed. I could jog faster than those things. NOn the less we lined up and raced around the block. I was right behind Elder Cook and I almost passed him but because he took the inside corner he won. After the race we went in and had a very spiritual lesson with them and Richard now really wants to be more active in the church.

We also had probably one of the best lessons with a girl named ashely this week. Shge is Seventh day adventist and is still sort of active. She was super busy with her school work so we just had the lesson over the phone. We had challenged her to read 3 nephi 11 the previous visit and as we talked about it I sensed a change in her. Before she didn't really want to come to church but now she is willing to come and find out if the things we are saying are really true. It was the most amazing phone lesson I have ever had.

So it has been very fun serving here in bonita. I am going to miss all the funny stuff that happens and all the funny people. Ben, I haven't had any poop experiences quite like that during a lesson yet but I am sure that I would laugh super hard.
I wish I could send pics but my camera hasn't been cooperating but I will try again next week.
I know that all that I go through out here and I am going to go through is a great blessing from the lord. I am so happy to be out here and I am just happy in general. I love life. I love you all., Take care.
--
[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment