Elder Benjamin Larson



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Feast on the words of the prophet

Hey Dad!!

So first, I am doing good here in Philippines! This week was hard mostly cause the language and I was beginning to feel useless in the work. But I am continuing to be lifted up and made stronger in these times through my prayers, faith and love. I know that our father in heaven answers our prayers, and he wraps us in his spiritual arms in times when no one else can, and for that I am truly grateful!!

So, Conference sounded like it was fun for you. We haven't seen it yet here in the Philippines, because of the time difference they couldn't show it regularly, but they will broadcast it all throughout the Philippines this Sunday, and Saturday! It will be weird not being with you for Priesthood session and no snacks the other sessions. But I am still excited, cause I get to FEAST on the WORDS of the prophet and apostles!! That is so cool to think about!

We had our fast Sunday yesterday, and it was good!! We had a good fast and I was able to bare my testimony to our ward here in Pasig 3. I like this area, the work is going slower it feels like, in finding that is. I feel like we haven't found as many people as we should. I think maybe that is what we will focus on this week, well and getting our investigators to church. I think Those are some big things in this work growing, Cause if the investigators we have don't come to church they can't gain a testimony. Or at least it's way harder. And also if we aren't finding knew investigators, then the work will be at a temporary pause, so I am praying for help in Tagalog and also in being able to teach and speak the words the lord would have me say so that the people will become interested in our message.

Ha also remember how we went to MR. Mac and he told us to get the Sunday shirts that were more sturdy and cotton instead of Polyester, so that they would, 'hold up better and not fall apart'. Well guess what, they are starting to fray, at the seams in the shoulders and in the pockets! HA what the junk, that guy lied I'm thinking, or just he gave me the 6 bad shirts he had, haha. oh well. but one of the elders in our appartment who has been here for almost a year, bought all his shirts at Walmart, and they are all fine! Man I should have gone to Walmart! Ha

So that was kind of bothersome to me. But It's okay, I still have shirts at least. It sounds exciting that the house is almost done! Oh dad, I hope you had a good birthday, Sorry I didn't send anything, but I will try, we have to go to the post office in order to send things, and it is far away, so I will try my best. I am really sorry dad.

So I am doing good here, and I am trying to do my best, in Tagalog and in the Work. Sometimes the language really gets to me and affects my attitude in the work, which effects the work, maybe that's what I need to change.

I hope you are all happy, and I hope you guys are having fun in your new house! And school anni and davo!! I hope you guys are having fun there and in sports! And David, it's ok to play other sports than soccer. I know soccer is so so fun, but you never know if you like something else too unless you try it! so try football and baseball and all that stuff for your big brother ok. But do soccer too and most important have fun!!!!!!!!! You too Anni!! I am so proud of Both of you and how much you like to try new things, you are better than I was!

Kris I got your letter today, It was good thankyou!!! I hope everything works out with your buisness and those investigators you are working with!

Again I love you all!! And I pray for you always!

Love Elder Benjamin L Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment