Elder Benjamin Larson



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Baby pooed

Dear Dad and Kris and Anni and Davo,

How are you guys? I am doing good here on my mission. It is weird to sing or think about the song, "I hope they call me on a mission" cause I remember singing it as a primary kid, and now I am here! What!!?? Cool beans!!! I never would have thought that I would have been here in the Philippines serving my mission.

So this week was pretty good, it has had it's Happy and harder times! I have a funny story to tell you, Anni and Davo I think you will like this one a lot!

So Saturday me and my companion went to a part member family for our last visit. Part member means a member of the family is a member of the church too, so in this case the wife is a member and the husband isn't and they have a little baby boy named Si who is about 1 and a half years old.

Anyways, so we went to there house and when Sister Barbie, the member and wife, opened the door the baby Si wasn't wearing any pants or diapers cause they are expensive and are used sparingly. So the baby was naked, ha which isn't a big deal at all, to us or to sister barbie, so we just walked in and she put some shorts on her baby. The husband wasn't home so we decided to share a message to the wife. So I got to share the message, as usual whenever we share a message, which is good cause it helps me learn the language, anyways, so I was sharing a scripture and the baby was just playing on the cement floor, then as I was sharing my testimony the baby stood up, and there were two pieces of poop on the floor and pee puddle. Ha it was so funny! Sister Barbie said, " Ayyyy!! Baby!!" and picked him up and carried him to the bathroom to clean him off, then she went to find a rag, and before she could find one, little Si found one and came over to the mess he made, and started trying to clean it up, but really he was just spreading his crap all over the floor!! We moved him so sister could clean it up, and it was so so funny. Ha probably the funniest thing thats happened during a lesson!!

So another cool thing that happened, is that Brother Manuel Edano and Sister Jocelyn can be baptized!!!!!! YAYYY! Cause we weren't sure what to do cause they can't get married cause brother is still married and it is expensive to enolled, or divorce. So we were sad but we interviewed them to President Delamare and he said because they have been living together for 10 years they can be baptized!!! They were both so excited and wanted to be baptized the next day!! We told them, "how about this saturday. the 22 of October!" So thats their baptism date and they are stoked. Tay, Brother Edano said " we will go swimming!!!!!" Ha I will also have the great privalage to baptize him! Elder Samson my companion, will baptize sister Jocelyn!!! I am happy!

So this week has been a slow one I feel like. Our numbers aren't very high and that is bugging me. Also there was a sister we met in the internet shop we e-mail at 2 weeks ago that came up to us after our e mails and asked us a bunch of questions so we gave her a pamphlet and asked if we could come visit her sometime she said yes, and we scheduled a time for the next wednesday. Turns out she isn't in our area so we had to give her to the sisters! Ha they are good missionaries though! But I am trying not to compare myself with any other missionaries, I find that I am trying to compare myself to Stephen and Spencer a lot actually and see if I am doing as well as I think they are doing, Ha which doesn't make sense cause they are both so far a way and I shouldn't be comparing myself to anyone else anyway. so thats what I am working on this week, focussing on my own efforts and my investigators.

Also Kris I do know that Elder, Elder Dalisay, He is actually a batch younger than me, so I am one transfer ahead of him. We met in the MTC, ha it is weird that I am already older than someone in the mission, ha but he is better at tagalog than me. Like really, he understands everything and talks almost fluently, he is Filipino I think, and his parents used to speak tagalog to him so he is way good. Ha blast. No I am trying to be patient and I know I will get the language soon. Hopefully.

Well I love you all so much. And I hope you are so happy in Wyoming, in your new school Anni and Davo, and I hope you are making friends still. I hope you Dad and You Kris are happy too, I hope hawaii is nice!! Ha

Love your son and Brother Elder Benjamin Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment