Elder Benjamin Larson



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Conference

What a wonderful conference. This has been the most meaningful conference of my life. I think it is because we never get to watch tv and we are so involved in what they are talking about. One of my favorite talks was Elder Eyrings talk. How he didn't know what to do when he was asked to speak at the university but he wasn't allowed to share the gospel. It was powerful to me how he prepared and prayed and asked what to do. So he stood alone or what to our natural eyes see as alone and spoke the words of god dispite the opposition. Also I liked president Monsons talk when he told of the experience he had on the bus. A lady asked about the church and nobody stood to answer her. So he stood up after some silence and bore his testimony. I feel like in my life I have struggled to stand up especailly when I was going to be the only one standing. Those men are such good examples to me to help me to stand when I am called upon to stand.

We met a guy named Lenard who just walked right into the church building after church. So we went over to visit with him and we found out that he owns a frieght company out of Salt Lake City and he has many Mormon Friends. We taught him and gave him a book of mormon. Then he came to all 5 sessions of Conference. He was really impressed with the leadership of the church and how one we are with eachother. I over heard him speaking to a member of our ward and he said that he was going to join this church. He is golden.

Scott and his family are doing well. He started a new job as a nurse that goes to make visits to people in there homes. It has been worrying him for a while so but I know that the gospel will help him to have the right perspective on the many situations he will be put into.

Sarah is looking good for her baptism this weekend. We still have to teach her the 4th lesson and interview her so I hope that we can fit all that in before. We are going to have a dinner with her and meet her parents for the first time. She loved conference especailly the talks by President Monson. Satan is working hard on her but she is is strong and will make it through.

I hope you all are well and not getting bitten by snakes. cough cough.
i love you all.
--
[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment