Elder Benjamin Larson



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Service

Dear Family,

This was a pretty slow week but it was still a week full of blessings from the lord. I went on the last exchange of the transfer with Elder Burton aka Harry Potter and we had a pretty good time. If he were to have a Patronis figure it would be Mario because he loves video games.
Sarah is still doing well, but it is hard trying to help her transition into the ward that she is supposed to be in. She likes us a lot and is still having a hard time trusting in people other than us and Christ. I think it will take longer for this transition to happen than we all would like.
On Saturday we went a service project that the whole stake was involved with. It was at the Estero State park and the Governor, governor Scott was there to thank us and help us a bit. I am sure it will be in the newspaper and on the news. They put me and a couple guys in charge of building new benches for the park. It was way fun. I thought I was going to get tackled by his body guards because I was holding a saw most of the time and I was using the saw when the governor was close by.

We also had a very good dinner at a less active members house. her names is sister Brooks and while we were at her house we talked a lot about parenting. It made me think of what kind of a parent or leader i was and the leader/ father I want to be. I don't want to be a push over dad like a lot of the parents in this world today but I don't want to be heartlessly mean to them either. so there is a balance there, and I can see how the Gospel applies in all the ways of parenting.

Recently the Stake has made a YSA branch that meets in our building. President Summerhays put Elder Cook and myself in charge of it until he put new missionaries in. He asked us what what we thought of that and of course we said that sounds great. But right after we said that we both got this feeling that something wasn't right. So we called him back and told him what we felt. So lately I have been pondering and studying out in my mind what needs to happen. And we have found that Sisters should come into the estero YSA branch. We both felt very good about that and are going to talk with Pres. about it.

This might be my last week in Bonita Springs so I am going to enjoy it the best that I can. I hope that you all have a great week and do as King Benjamin says in Mosiah 2:17, Serve one another. I love you

--
[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment