Elder Benjamin Larson



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Joe

Hey mom and Jess.

Sorry I am E-mailing you before you get the chance to send me one. I am not sure what happened. But it is P-day and my time to e-mail you guys!

So I am doing good here in the Philippines!!! I hope you enjoyed conference!!! We didn't get to watch it yet because of the time difference. But they are going to broadcast it all over the Philippines this Saturday and Sunday!! I hope it was still special and wonderful mom!!!

So First I have to talk about my shirts. So the guy at MR. Mac who sold them to me told me to get the ones I got because they are more sturdy and will hold up here, He is full of nuts and cheese!! Probably 3 or 4 of them are fraying on the shoulder seams, and the pockets in 6 of them are dying! ha that's so funny. It's even more funny that one elder in our apartment who has been here for almost a year, bought all his shirts at Walmart, and they are still holding up good!! Ha, and the salesman guy at mr. mac said don't go to walmart!! I should have gone to Walmart!!! Ha so moral of the story is this kids, If a sales man tells you not to do something, do it! Don't listen to sales men ever!!!!! And shop at Walmart!! Haha

So I am loving it here in the Philippines! The language is hard and sometimes gets me down, but only a little and I am happy again. The work has been kind of slowish I think. We haven't really been finding very many people, and I don't know why, and also the investigators we challenge to come to church, haven't been coming. Our mission goal for church attendance for our investigators is around 10, we have only been getting like 3. It's ok though. We are going to step it up, and be more firm!!! I am excited!

So yesterday something funny happened. We were asked to come to a funeral type thing, and maybe share a small message or something, so we went, luckily we weren't asked to share, cause I had no Idea what we would have said, but half way through the service, a drunk guy came walking into the home, and just sat down on the floor. We weren't sure what to do so we just left him there. Ha then we sang our closing hymn and he started to hum and sing and wave his hand like he was directing the music. Ha ha what the. Then after the service when we were talking to the family a bit the drunk man got up and went over to the coffin and fell to his knees next to it and put his face and hands over it and just started bawling and saying, 'why, why" ha ha I don't even think he knew the lady who died but I thought it was funnier than crap and just couldn't help but laugh. What a character. Than when we were leaving he said, ' hey joe, joe. I want to shake your hand joe! HE was talking to me, and he just told me, " you are so cool Joe, you are my best friend. I like you joe." ha oh the drunk people in the Philippines. Ha I am glad for these type of experiences, I can look back on them and have a good laugh with my family.

So that is some of the stuff going on here. Oh and the couple I told you about before, Brother Manuel and sister Jocelyn, their baptism date is for October 15 or 22 I think. Cause wow, marriage is a hard thing to plan!!!!!!!!! Ha so that will be excited and they seem really excited about it!

I love you all, and hope you are all happy and well!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such great blessings and strength to me here on my mission! I love you!!

Love your son and brother,

Elder Benjamin Lamoreaux Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment