Elder Benjamin Larson



Sunday, October 23, 2011

The tree of life

Hey dad and Kris and anni and davo and rest of family, ( if you read this) ha

Life here in the philippines is good!! Pasensia, (sorry) that I didn't write you until wednesday, It is P-day today instead monday cause of transfers. So today we found out that none of us are transferring!! Which I am very excited about! Because I wouldn't know what to do if I was the only one who knew the area. Ha I am still too new!

So that was exciting! We have had an awesome week. We are teaching this one Nay (older lady, in the philippines you call all grandma age women 'Nay' and grandpa age men 'tay') So the Nay that we are teaching is named Estella Buco, and she is great. When we gave her the Aklat ni Mormon, Book of mormon, she was so grateful and gave me and my companion a hug!! We weren't too sure about that but we said because she was a 'Nay' it was ok that once! Also I was so excited that she was so excited! She also told us of a dream she had where in her dream there was one pillar of light, and in the light, there was a tree (I know, classic dream in the Book of Mormon. Sweet!!) And she said there was also a person by the tree who was trying to give her a present, I don't know what happened cause I can't understand her very well and it's hard for my companion to explain it to me in english, so it sounds pretty sweetly cool to me, and the coolest part is that she dreamed the dream a couple days before we met her!! I hope that she realizes a connection between the gift of light and the gift we are offering her! And I hope she accepts, cause it sounded like in the dream she didn't accept it! Ah I am praying though!

Also I found out one of my Kabahay,( roomates) is rich. He is from hawaii and when he graduated from high school, Anni and Davo you will think this is cool, His parents bought out Disney Land for half a day, so 6 am to 4 pm and it was just him and a group of his friends in the whole park all by themselves! That would be cool.

Also We did another split last sunday, Ugh, I don't like them very much, but It's ok cause i know they help me grow a lot. SO anyway, we, Me and two members, were walking down one street and we saw four 'Tay's" remember what that means? Anyways, so we saw four older grandpa age men sitting out and talking It looked like. One called me over, and so Natrually we went, Then I noticed they were all sharing 2 big bottles of beer like good old man friends do here in the Philippines. The one who called me over, said, " Share what you have to my friends" so I pulled out a pamphlet and introduced myself and our church, I did it in Tagalog,( kind of) They thought it was cool that I could kind of speak tagalog but wanted me to speak english cause they wanted to learn english more, A lot of people here say that to me. But I insisted to speak Tagalog so I tried my best. It was so hard to share the message to them cause they were so drunk and just kept on interupting. I asked them to try to listen, but they wouldn't. One of them grabbed my arm, and started to pull on me and try to grab my bag. But I am so strong and broke his grip and told them all to be still or they might die by the power of god!! Ha ha Joke, That didn't really happen, well I did talk to drunk guys and they were very disruptive but they didn't touch me accept the hand shakes we exchanged when I left cause I couldn't stand them interupting me anymore. Ha that would be funny though!! Sorry if I scared ya, Just having fun. Hak hak, (that's how the Filipinos make laughing in texting and typing.)

So we had a good week and I love the " Nay's " here!! Both Nanay Buco and Nanay Sison are doing great and continue to have great desire to learn. Oh one more sister we are teaching who is really fun, She is a young mother with the wildest questions. For example. One question she asked us after she read the restoration pamphlet was, "If the 'Pillar of Light' Joseph smith saw was even brighter than the sun, How come other people didn't see it either?" WHAT the Junk!! My companion didn't know what to say, and i didn't understand anything going on, so we just told her that the veil was taken from Joseph's Eyes, through the lords power! Ha she is a fun one to teach. Her name is Sister Janalyn.

So I hope you enjoyed that story! I thought they were pretty great! I hope you are all doing well, and it sounds like you have moved into, or almost moved into the new house!! awesome, and be carefull of ratlesnakes! Don't play with the big ones!

Love you all so much, and pray for you always!

Love your son and brother,

Elder Benjamin L. Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment