Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, December 12, 2011

drunk guy of the week

Hello mom and Jess and Family.

I am doing good here in Philippines, Me and elder Ulanday are..... still getting used to each other. He is good at Tagalog, not so much at English, but I am grateful for it cause I am learning a lot. It is still freaking hard though. Some days, it is so hard, and I feel like I just can't understand anything, other days it is good and I understand a lot. It actually kinda bugs me, I wish I could just know it and then have it forever. Ha

This week was good-ish. We had a lot of lessons fall through, but it is ok, we were able to focus a little more on Our recent converts and less active members in the ward. There is many less active members here, mostly because of the far away of our church from our area. We have really encouraged many to come to church this week, and many did, the hardest one is getting the investigators to church, because they are far away from our church. But they still read and pray and stuff, for the most part.

Brother Ivan's wife, the brazilian guy we met a few weeks ago, is doing good. we have taught her all of the restoration, and have just introduced the plan of salvation to her. It was good cause her neighbors came and joined us in our lesson to her. They were a little timid, there was a boy and a girl, both abou 19 years old, and I think the boy was a bakla (gay) which makes me kinda uncomfortable, especially in lessons. but I tried to not let it show. And we had a good lesson, also Sister Ninya, the wife of bro Ivan, her brother is kind of interested and we have taught him too. They are both good, and have interesado in the book of mormon.

Let's see what else.............. oh yeah, drunk guy of the week!!!!! So on sunday we were going to a family of investigators, and outside of there house, or town or stacked houses, there was a party kind of going on. And there was a drunk guy, he came to me and said, 'you are american!' I said,' Yes I am.' Then he said, ' I think I love you man, what am I going to tell my wife.' ha he was probably 60 years or older, ha and he kept doing that kind of speaking to me, then he would sing songs, tagalog and english, they were love songs, one I remember he sang in tagalog, and I understood only a little but basically it was this, ' I love you, and you love me too, I will tell my wife about you,'..... bla bla bla, ha then he laughed really hard, for like 2 minutes straight I swear, like He was having a hard time breathing, then he would stop and start singing all serious again like nothing ever happened!!! Haha, but wait there is more, yesterday a guy came to me and said, 'it is good you are here. It doesn't matter who you are, who what you like, as long as you are happy, so stay the same ok.' Ha so basically I think he thought I was gay or something, cause that's just how he was saying it. He was also drunk and just trying to lift my spirit I guess? ha

So that is my life basically, drunk people singing songs and telling me to stay the same. ha good stuff. They don't celebrate thanksgiving that I know of. But it's ok cause that just means christmas is closer, actually they have had lights and decorations up since mid october and music in september, Ha I like it.

I love you all and I know this church and work is true. And this church is WORK! We can't feel our blessings or rewards without working for them first, so lets work, not whine or anything cause thats no fun, just work, and put a smile on.

Love you all, and mom I hope you get my letter, and jess tell jenn a letter is comming. Don't worry.
I love you all so much! I hope your are happy. and healthy and loving your lives.

Love Elder Benjamin Lamoreaux Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment