Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, December 12, 2011

pumpkin pie

Dear Family,

I hope you all had a fantastic thanksgiving. Ours was pretty interesting and not so busy. We tried to visit with all the members we could but nobody was available for a visit so we were trying to figure out something productive to do all day. I am pretty sure we would have gotten shot if we started knocking doors on thanksgiving day. We had dinner with a cute little family, the Barnhills. They have a little girl who reminded me of Miss Haily Ukulele and she entertained us the whole time were over at there home. I got stuffed and Bro. barnhill even got a little sick from eating to much. I did get to have some pumpkin pie and it was absolutely divine. It brought me back to all the times when we had pie at Grandma Rodabough's house and she always got after me for eating another slice of pie before everyone could have one. Haha. It made me laugh a lot. And grandma I did mind my manners and wait for everyone to have seconds before devouring another one. We spent the rest of our thanksgiving teaching an old couple and gave her a blessing for her sickness.

We have a lot of people we are working with, they were just hard to get in contact this week. We had a wonderful miracle happen because of our obedience to the mission rules. We were following up with this lovely, crazy chinese lady but she wasn't home, so the we both thought to go see Mia. So we did and she was home at her mothers house. she invited us in but we told her we needed an adult male with us in order to come in. so we got to talking and suddenly a guy in the apartment behind us opened it and gave us a look of recognition and went to his car and came back and went in. I thought that there was something different about him but continued to talk with Mia. then He came out with a dog and mia began to talk about how cute his dog was and he stuck around and talked with us. It turned out that he was a non-active member who had just moved into the area. His name is Josh; he is a big bad Marine. He saw that we needed to teach her so ha offered to come in with us and so we were abel to teach an inivestigator and a less-active member. It never would have happened if we hadn't obeyed the rules.

We set a date with Eric for the 10th of Dec. and we are going to meet with him again to talk about the commandments. I am very excited for him and pray for him often that he will be able to endure all the opposition and trails he may go through. keep him in your prayers if you would. I love you all and I am so Thankful to have you as a family and I am excited to live with you all forever. take care.

[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment