Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, February 20, 2012

I dont know what to call this e-mail

Hey mom, Jess, Family, Dogs too i gues.

I am doing good here in my new area, I am a little bit more adjusted now and know the streets a little better, but there are probably around 300 little alley way's that go who know's where, and those are hard to navigate. I am healthy. We went to the dentist last week cause my comp said his gums were hurting him. We wen't( it was actually pretty nice, mostly cuase it was the dentist our mission uses) and it turned out he had a wisdom tooth that had just come in. They pulled it out right there. Ha it was so funny. Like we went in signed a paper, they took my comp back, we were the only ones there, I read a few signs in the office and tried translating them all in tagalog, ha ha, then when I was done, so were they. It took all about 15 or 20 minutes. Probably the fastest dentist drop I have ever been to, also I didn't have to have them hurt the crap out of my teeth so that was extra bonus.

Tell Jon I don't know yet what number he could call me on or what, but there is transfer day on March 15 probably, and I need to know what day he is coming and until when so I can figure it all out. I also don't know what number he can call me at or if any of this is allowed by my president. So I will figure it out and e-mail you every thing in the next couple of week.

So This was a different week. We met a girl named Larisa, she was born in the Philippines, was adopted when she was 8 and lived in california ever since. She is 20 ish now and has forgotten tagalog, she is just visiting her family before she starts college. It was kind of weird how we met her, we were looking for a house of a Less Active family so we went to a guy in our ward who knows everyone, he was at his little food hut, called Tindahan, where he feeds people, not a resturant just a side of the rode 10 spuare feet hut. Anyways, so they were talking when we walked up, and I was surprised when they weren't speaking Tagalog. I looked at her weirdly for a second, then asked her how she was in english, she said, 'Im alright'. Cool!! Also it was a little difficult to have a conversation in English, I had to think extra hard. ha, then I asked her where she was from and started a little conversation. It was cool, especially when I asked her what she liked to do, like her hobbies. ( I don't know why I asked that question, it just popped in my head) she said she liked reading books, and the books she said she likes to read are deep life books, and what life is all about and how to be happy. So I thought to myself, " YES!! I have the Perfect book for Her!! (the Book of Mormon)" Then as I was reaching into my bag for it, I realized................ it was Tagalog version. Patay!!! ( it means death, but in this context, "CRAP") So instead of doing that, we just continued our conversation a little, then when the time came, I told her a little about our church and what we as missionaries do as missionaries, It was weird to do it in english. Then I said how she said earlier she likes deep life books. I asked her if it would be ok if we could come over another day and talk a little bit about what life means and what the whole big deal about it is. She said yeah sure. ( YESS!! Just a little victory moment for us) We set up the appointment and havent had it yet, because it is this wednesday! Hopefully I can teach the Plan of Salvation ok in english, I mean Its' already hard enough in Tagalog. Ha I can do it though.

So I have been studying about the Plan of Salvation a lot lately I'm not sure why ( I do know why, its cause we are teaching it this week, I just wanted to say I didn't so my e-mail would be funner) and I have learned a lot. I have read mostly Alma chapters 40 until 42 those are all really good chapters. It talks about where we came from and a little about why we are here, and mostly where we go after we die. One thing I have noticed though in these chapters is that it is all centered around Jesus Christ. But all three things are important, the Creation Fall and Resurrection/Atonement. The Creation needed to happen so we could live here, and have bodies, easy peasy lemon squeezy, the Fall happened so we can have experiences, and a chance to return to our Heavenly Father, this part I think is cool, the Atonement was able to come because of the Fall, and we need it in order to fulfil our hole purpose, so we can be with our families forever. So all of this stuff is conected and all of it supports eachother, but the Atonement is what we all mostly focuss on, because the other two have already happened and now we are un-perfect and need the atonement or we will all go to hell and be miserable with nashing of teeth and wailing stuff. I said this a little wierd, but it is direct and true. If there was no Atonement there will no hope either. The Atonement + Accepting it = Salvation! That is my new math equation of life. God has given us a sacred gift called agency, we get to choose to accept this plan or not, the thing is, we have already accepted it, and now we have the choice again to finish it! I love the Plan of Salvation it gives light to our not understandingment.

I love you all, and hope you are all happy. And Healthy, and accepting the Atonement every day of your lives. We are the only ones who can hold back the blessings of god, He wants to give them to us, his hand is stretched forth ready for us to take them, it is up to us to Take them though.

Love you mom Jess, I pray for you two always. Jess I love your face too. I hope your hair is getting long and gorgious like you promised me you would let it.

Love Elder Benjamin Lamoreaux Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment