Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm still green

Hey my Family,

This has been another fantastic week in the Florida,Tampa Mission for me. The weather is so perfect I don't even want to think about what I am going to experience when I get home. Time keeps flying by and I don't like that. I feel like I have only begun my mission here and I am still learning like I am brand new. But I think that my companions will dissagree with me because I do most of the talking when we go out to work.

I had a lot of good experiences this week. I went on exchange with an elder named Elder Forbush. hah he is a goof. I love it. We taught a part member family the Taylors, in our ward and they are the hardest people to teach because they are all doing their own thing. So we decided to play a game with them so they all were engaged in our visit. We played Mafia and we applied it to agency and how we need to choose to follow Jesus Christ instead of listening to the evil spirit who leads us to captivity and death. It was a lot of fun. Actually that lesson was the same day as valentines day so we went to a yogurt shop and enjoyed the success of the lesson.

We had a great lesson with Mia and set up a calender with her so she can know what to expect all the way up to her Baptism on the 10th of March. She went to the hospital on Saturday and I am worried about her so we are going to try and visit her.

We followed up with this guy named Billy who we found knocking doors. He is Baptist and very friendly and open to talk. We taught him the restoration and I felt the spirit so strongly. He has committed to read the Book of Mormon and he wants us to come back. We are working on setting a baptismal committment on the first lesson with investigators.

One funny thing happened as we taught geoff. Geoff is a very inteligent man who catches all detail. We decided to teach him about the plan of Salvation and to let Elder Elizondo Start off the lesson. So he did, but as he was explaining that we were with god in the beginning and we could either choose his plan or the devils; he forgot to mention the part about those who chose satan plan not recieving bodies or exaltation. So geoff was confused saying that if we all go to heaven despite which plan we choose( satans of gods) than what does it matter which plan you choose? We spent a good moment trying to explain. When we finally figured out what was missing we all laughed. Geoff said, " Now it makes sense.... that is an important peice to leave out." So it is so funny how leaving out one little sentance makes the whole plan of salvatioin a mess.

Jo(83) came up to us on sunday and asked us if she could be baptized. I was happy but with the situation of her possibly not being accountable was troubling my mind. So we went over to talk about it with her and invited President Summerhays to come. We were a little late and when we arrived at her house President was outside with her helping her pick up leaves and bagging them. That is the type of man President Summerhays is. he is so full of love and spirit. After talking with her President said he would have to ask some one from Salt Lake. so We will see if she needs to get baptized or not.

I Love this work and the time I have been able to spend in the service of My god. Its great and I feel good when I do it. Take care everyone and have a great week. I love you.

Elder Spencer Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment