Elder Benjamin Larson



Thursday, September 8, 2011

Going to the barber

Hey Dad and kris and Kids.

I am so glad to hear that Anni you love school so much and that you are going to play basketball and volley ball, have so much fun with that, and just try your best! And also David, It is so COOL that you are going to play football, I wish I played football, but it's ok cause I played Lacrosse and Baseball, so cool! Also it's cool that you caught two foul balls, thats always exciting!

So I am doing good here in the Philippines, the language is very hard, I only understand like 15 percent of what people are saying, and that gets frustrating, but i keep trying, and I know someday I will get it, someday. It is hot and it is the wet season right now, and it rains a lot, the highest it has been is past my ancles, ha it was crazy, my shoes were wet for like four days, but I bought some rubber shoes for cheap after that, special for rainy days.

So today we got our hair cut, and it was weird. We walked in the barber shop, my comp was telling me what a great barber we were going to, and when we walked it i just thought to myself, "You have got to be kidding', the barber who was going to cut our hair was a 'bakla' or a gay guy, who dresses like a girl. so weird!! My comp elder samson went first, then I went, and It was just wierd, and he or she was talking to me and asking me about my home and stuff, and my job before i came and if I had a girlfriend. It was weird, and after it was over she/he said I looked so 'guwapo' or handsome, I was like 'don't tell me that' in my head! then the person said i should come back, but I don't know if that will happen. Ha ha, so this is just one of many stories I will have on my mission, ha ha ha

We went to the mall today, and Anni, you would love it, It was huge, at least 6 stories high, I almost forgot i was in the philippines. But the strange thing was, that there was christmas music playing all over the place, I guess here in the philippines christmas stuff starts in September and ends in December. ha so all the months that end in 'ber, are christmas months. ha Oh and their halloween is on november 1st. ha just some differences. I like it here though.

So Sister edanyo, who lost her birth certificate, finally got it! SO now she can get married to her 'husband' brother manuel, and they can get baptized. last time we talked to them, she and he looked very happy and excited! Now we just need to find a bishop with a licence to marry, ha it takes a while for that to happen i guess, cause none of the bishops in our stake or area have license to marry. ha it will happen though.

So i am doing good, I like Twizzlers and cinnamon bears and oreos and stuff, incase you were wonder to put in my package. I am in Pasig city, Pasig 3rd area, I don't know if Uncle stan is coming or not, or if it's allowed but if He wants to know, yeah thats my area, and our apartment is in Decastro, he can probably get more info from Pres. Delamare if you want to know the rules or anything!

I love you all and hope you are happy.

Love Elder Benjamin Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment