Elder Benjamin Larson



Thursday, September 8, 2011

Scottie

Dear Family,

What a spiritual week. Margie's son, little Scottie was baptized on the 27th of August. I was the one he chose to baptize him because I am his most favorite person in the world. He is my most favorite person in the world. He was so nervous as we were walking to the font and we practiced before hand how the baptism would go. He was so nervous that when we practiced he kept hitting his face with the hand that was supposed to plug his nose. We then went in and I prayed my heart out and dunked him. After he came up out of the water he looked at me and then at everybody else and said," That wasn't so bad." He cracks me up. Then the next day Sunday he Margie came up to me and told me Scottie wanted me to confirm him as well. I was surprised and happy to do so. Scottie is the best kid ever, and such a light to the world and a support to his family. His example really hit Big Scott to the core. Later that day we went over to their house and watched the Conversion Story of Glenn Beck. At the end of it we were all in tears, even Big Scott could hold them back. He spoke so openly with us after that and he knows what he needs to do, but thinks that he isn't worthy of such a blessing as baptism. We taught him and the spirit worked on him and testified to his heart that he was worthy. We left without setting a date but I know that the spirit is at work and he will be baptized. I love them so much and the lord is literally pouring out blessings on that family. The Lord Truly led us to them at the right time and in the right place. I love you all. Have a good one.

--
[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment