Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, September 26, 2011

The Nelsons

Every week I say that it was a good week, but this had to have been the best week of my life. Everyday we have been working hard and with the spirit guiding us. This purification process is really working. I feel more spiritually in tune and happy. We found two cool people to teach, Ashley knight and Frank Hernandez. Ashley is a college student who was taught before around two years ago. The area book is there for a reason. She is super funny and opened up to us immediately. She is very open and willing to listen to us so we will see what happens there. Frank is a guy Elder Gordon and I knocked into 4 months ago and just kept him in the back of my mind. This week I just thought to go visit him. We caught him at the only time he would be home from his busy schedule. the spirit was so strong as we talked with him and we told him that it wasn't by chance that we came to him at that time. Frank is a very nice and well minded man and he has a very sincere desire to find direction in his life and especially for his kids. So I am really excited to help them come into the gospel.
The best part about this week was the baptism of Scott. Friday night Scott's mom flew in to be there for his baptism on Saturday. Scott was very surprised and happy that she came. Scott chose me to be the one who baptized him and Elder Cook to be the one who Confirms him. The baptism was the best and most meaningful and spiritual baptism I have ever been a part of. Scott is 6 ft 5inches and about 280 ish lbs and I was wondering the whole time if I was going to be able to lift him out. The lord was with me and I baptized him with ease. I felt the holy ghost so strongly I could hardly keep my eyes dry. Elder Gordon gave a wonderful talk about the Gift of the Holy Ghost and it just destroyed me and him. He and I were joyfully balling our eyes out silently. Pretty much the whole ward was there to support him and even President Summerhays came to witness it. It was great and I never have seen Scott so happy in all the time I've been with him.
Later that day we played soft ball as an elders Quorum and had a little BBQ. Of course Scott and his family came and it was so much fun. In Church the next day you could tell who all went because of the redness of our sunburns. But I have to say it was all worth it.
The confirmation was very good as well, Elder Cook is so spiritual and good. He said some amazing things and blessed him abundantly. I told him good job but he looked at me and just said, " it wasn't me dude." The spirit has been with us all week and it is great to be a tool in the lords powerful hands.
Scott's Mother Irene enjoyed everything and I think that because of all the things that she has been exposed to this past weekend she is going to be a member very soon. Sunday night we went over to Scott and Margie's house and we Celebrated everything by watching," Joseph Smith, The Prophet of the Restoration." It was so good and the spirit manifested the truth over and over to me. We bore great testimonies to them all and shared words of love and encouragement, Endure to the end.
This gospel is the true and living gospel of Jesus Christ and who ever will grasp onto it will never be the same. What a joyous truth. Another week is ahead of us and we are pumped for it. Stay well and be happy. I love you all.

--
[Elder Spencer Larson]

PS I will try to send pictures but it usually doesn't work, but I will try any way. let me know if you get the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment