Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, September 26, 2011

Great Scott!

Holy Cow! this week is a great week I guess things just keep getting better and better. We as a mission are doing this 40 day purification thing. We make a list of things or behaviors that poke at our spirits. So I fasted and prayed and started making a list of things that I can get better at, Stuff that just pokes at my spirit. Some of the stuff on the list I thought was really pointless and then I thought of the spirit and said,"no I need to follow the spirit and stop doing that thing. So it is hard and I make mistakes every day on that list. but at night I have a little accountability session with the lord and I strive and promise to do my best the next day.
So since our own Zone has been doing it we have set 4 dates for baptism and we are all getting pumped to do missionary work.

One experience that we had was really special and unexpected. We had Stake conference this last Sunday and it was so great. Scott, Margie and Little Scottie gave us a ride to the stake center and for conference. Scott kept talking and saying that he has been praying about baptism and hasn't gotten an answer yet. I just told him that the lord often times requires us to act in faith to our best knowledge before showing us the way. At stake conference there were many talks about the temple and after wards Scott told me that he felt like he should do the work for his father. We told him that that was the spirit that told him that. He looked kind of surprised but knowing we were right. Then we ate lunch with them at their house and Scott just said," you know lately I have been feeling better about this baptism thing." My heart immediately began to pound and we challenged him right then to be baptized next Saturday. He said yes. The best part was when he told Margie and she thought he was joking. After 5 months he is finally getting baptize. What an experience for me to behold. Scott is the man.

We also are going to Baptize a girl named Sarah. She is having some struggles with the fact that we won't be here forever to help her along. so she is trying to get used that fact, but she is still good to be baptized. The is moving forward and it is because all of us are striving to be better and stronger tools in the lords hands.

One last thing that I am excited about is that the stake announced the starting of a new Young Singles branch at our church building. And guess who is going to cover it for the rest of the transfer. That's right We are!! I am so happy for that, it is going to be great.

I love you all.

--
[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment