Elder Benjamin Larson



Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dear dad, Kris, and kids

Dear dad and Kris and Kids,

so I am doing good here in the philippines, It is hot but raining a lot lately so pretty good. I have tried to send some pictures I hope it works, tell me if it does or not.

so now I will try to explain some of the pictures, so first, Is me and my comp, elder samson, Next is our bathroom in our apartment, no warm water and no toilet paper, thats an adventure haha. then Its a family, who are kind of less active, just cause they don't come to church a lot, but it's only cause their mom has work and doesn't want them to travel alone, but when she doesn't have work, they come, then there is a sunset I saw on top of the apatrments of the Cinko family, the ones in the picture before, then its My shirt next to my companions, ha I think mine is a little bigger, then there is the 'Trike' we ride in these a lot, to get some where quick, they can fit up to 7 people, sometimes more if they need or want to ha crazy, then its the Jeep-Nee those are also fun, usually only like 20 people can ride in them, if we were in america probably on 20 would be allowed, even though they would be very illegal in america ha, but sometimes they fit 25 or more if they can, people hold on to the back if they need to, i never do that don't worry, then it's me my companion, and brother Jomel, who we baptized on saturday, that was great especially me having the great privilage to baptize him!!!!

so like i said we had the baptism of Jomel, on saturday the 27 i think, that was great, we got there early to fill up the font, but there was already water in it, but it looked a little green so we tried to drain it, we couldn't find how to though so we left it alone, it was still great! the water was cold, but it didn't matter cause the spirit made it warm!! I liked it a lot, even though I didn't feel like I knew him very well and that elder samson should baptize him instead, but he wanted me to so it was ok with me! ha we have given blessings to a lot of people, a lot I feel like, ha but I like it and keep a record of all the times I use priesthood,

The language is hard, and I don't understand a lot, like maybe 15 percent of things, but when It is my turn to speak, I try to share my testimony and a scripture guided by the spirit, I try to always share something different every time and i think I do a pretty good job, except I do wish I could understand more.

Dad, this language is hard, it is probably one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I am going to try my best, I have been trying my best and I know the lord will help me. Having elder samson a native is a real blessing, he helps me alot, he understands and speaks wonderful english too by the way, but yeah, the language is forcing me to grow a lot! ha

I love you all, and anni and davo I hope you like the pictures. Oh yeah, the last picture is of balut I hope it worked, i was having some problems with it, but it looks gross huh, don't worry, its safe, and I feel great,

I love you all, and miss you, I hope you love school anni and davo, and you too kris and dad, with the ward and missionaries,

Love , Elder Benjamin Larson


Sorry, the pictures that Ben sent didnt work. hopefully we can find a way to get them so that you guys can see them

No comments:

Post a Comment