Elder Benjamin Larson



Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yay Investigators!

Hey my Family,

This week was super awesome! I have never felt so used by the spirit in my life, if that makes sense. At the beginning of the week we went and had a meeting with Elder Zivic of the 70 and it was so awesome. I shook his hand and he gave us so many inspiring words of encouragement and advice. I loved every minute of it. I had to ask Elder Burton for some more paper because I was running out of room, to write notes. After that big meeting was done all the Zone Leaders got to have another meeting with him on more specific things such as what new programs we are going to focus on. At the end he gave me a big hug and said that he loved me. It struck me so hard that a man that I didn't hardly know could say that to me. I said the same to him. I even got a picture with him that I will be sending to you all in the mail this week.

Sunday was the best day ever. A whole nonmember family walked in like they were members for the whole sacrament. I didn't realize until the middle of sacrament that they weren't members. I guess the spirit told me that one. So after the closing prayer was done I walked ever so swiftly to meet them at the exit. And sure enough they were nonmembers and I invited them to stay but they said that they had to go. I thought Dang they think we are a colt.haha. but I know that the lord has plans for them in the future some time. How funny it would be if we knocked into them.
We have been teaching a Girl named Sarah and her friend Mickey. They are both friends of Jasmine, a youth in our ward. Sarah is super golden. She doesn't know what religion she is and is very sincere about finding the truth and happiness in her life. One thing about Sarah is that she has Panic attacks often. She had one right after we told her about Joseph Smith and the vision he had. She left to Jasmines room the rest of the lesson. When she came back she said that she knows that what we said was true. She said she had no doubts about it. My heart was jumping around inside like fire. Mickey was also a miracle as well. She is Atheist and just wanted to know what we believed. We told her alright and we gave her a Book of Mormon and Challenged her to read it, ponder about the message it contains and then pray and ask god about it. She surprisingly said yes. The Miracle was that Jasmine had tried multiple times before to get her to read the Book of Mormon but she wouldn't until we taught her. I hope she realizes how much God has been apart of her life.
After Church on Sunday Margie had told us that a lady at her work. She works as a nurses aid and a the lady she told us about was in a lot of pain and the doctors don't know what it is. So we go with Scott to the rest home and see her. I can't tell you all the details of it but her legs don't work and one leg is in bad shape. So we taught her a very spiritual lesson about what we do and where we are from. Then we talked about the Atonement, and how Jesus Christ understands with a PERFECT KNOWLEDGE of what she was going through and he can heal her. I gave the anointing of the oil and Elder Cook sealed it and gave a beautiful priesthood blessing. Barbara was the ladies name and she said that as each one of us added our hands on her head she felt very calm and peaceful. She didn't get up and walk like we all joked about after the blessing was done but I know that she will be healed.

So that was my week and I hope I can have more weeks like it. Have fun with the sports Annika and Davo, you will learn a lot from them. And make sure if you can to include that good old game of Lacrosse in there because it rocks! I want a stick so so bad. anyway I love you all and have a great week.

--
[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment