Elder Benjamin Larson



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's a good life

Hey family,

It is so good to hear from you and to hear the experiences and the stories. I am super excited for Ben. I have never had so much joy come into my heart as I have done emails. I hope and prayer for Aunt Nita and her baby that everything goes well.

I am having a lot of joy as I have served in Bonita. I am healthy and strong and the work in this area is picking up as we work diligently and strive to be exactly obedient. I know that Obedience is the only way to have a fullness of joy while a missionary and in everyday life.
Peggy has been a member for a week and she is doing pretty good. We are teaching her the lessons over again and helping her with all her sewing equipment. Oh, Mom, you would really get along with this lady. She is a sewing junkie. She has hundreds of costumes that she is donating to the church. I actually tried on one of her Roman solider costumes when we went over to teach her.
A couple days ago we set a baptismal date with The Venegas kids for the 7th of July. They were not so sure if they were ready to get baptized, but we encouraged them that if they read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and Come to church they will feel ready when the time comes. I was hoped that we didn't scare them away, but my fear left me as they came to church the next day.

Me and Elder Gordon are getting along a lot better. I thought that we would never be able to get along again but the lord blessed us as we tried to get along and now I feel the greatest love for him. And we are working well with each other.

I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week about Korihor the anti Christ. And as we were following up with less actives we ran into a korihor. When she opened the door I felt an immediate difference in the atmosphere in a very negative way. She was nice but she was just so confused and just denied the scriptures and the restoration of the gospel and said whole bunch of stuff that was very untrue. It was an experience. But I know that The holy ghost doesn't lie and that god lives and the evidence is everywhere.

The coolest thing in this area is that every Saturday we get to make pizza at Armandos Pizza. It was great and we made this pizza with Vodka. Don't worry the vodka cooked out. So I am going to be the master pizza maker when I get home so beware.

I love this work, it is such a joy to me. I love you all and hope you have a good week. Take care.

-Elder Spencer Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment