Elder Benjamin Larson



Wednesday, June 29, 2011

yo ho yo ho a mission life for me

My dear Family,

It is so good to hear from all of you. It always comforts, uplifts and inspires me to be a better missionary and It gives me hope.

This week was a good week. We did a lot of finding. And when we find out of 10 houses 4 of them are spanish. So I have been able to work on my espanol a lot. I enjoy it a lot because generally spanish people are so warm and friendly.
Margie Nelson and her son Scott came to church again and it was even better than the first time. Scott Sr. didn't come or at least he didn't come in. We found out that after he went to the beach he road his bike to the church and did a lap around it, then went home. I wish he would have come because he and his wife are very patriotic and it was all about patriotism in sacrament meeting. It was the best sunday I have had on the mission. One funny thing that happened at church was in Gospel Principles class. The Teacher didn't show up like usual so Elder Gordon and I had the privilege to teach it on the spot. So we opened to the next section entitled " The Law of Chastity". We just looked at each other and tried not to laugh and then we started teaching. It was a very funny lesson with Margie in the room and two recent converts. hehe.
After church we went to go and see Scott and at the beginning of the lesson he said he was not a church goer. Then I showed him some scriptures in the bible and the Book of Mormon and I bore me testimony about the peace and power that comes from going to church. We than challenged him to come and he said that he would. And what added to my joy was that he said the closing prayer for the first time. Man it was great. This week we are going to set a date with them to get baptized.

I am excited to see you all again but I still have a lot of work here to do. I love you and pray for you all. Take care and be happy.

--
[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment