Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, June 6, 2011

Bonita

Hey my family,

You all sound like you are doing so well. It makes me so happy to hear the progress of Ben as he embarks in the service of God. He is such a great blessing to heavenly father.
Things in Bonita are picking up a little bit from the past, especially the heat. We set a baptismal date with an old lady named Peggy Vaughn. We had a great lesson with her at a members home about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Everything seemed to agree with her and she felt so good and the spirit was there. And her Date is on June 4th, I am so excited for her.
I got super sick this last week with some bad cold. It hit me hard and we had to stay in for a whole day because I couldn't work. It was terrible, but I was able to read the Book of Mormon a lot and I have never in all my life understood and applied the Book of Mormon so much. The Book of Mormon is true and It testifies of Jesus Christ and makes clearly and plainly the will and character of God.

But the next day I push myself out the door and began to do the work. Tracting in this area isn't as good as Tampa 3. People just don't want to listen and cast us out like Alma and Amulek in the City of Ammoniha. Hehe. Never the less we never give up and we keep trusting in the lord.

One cool event that we were able to go to was the Harmony Concert all the way from BYU. We went with a recent convert Adrienne O'donnell and her non-member parents. They performed well both singing and entertaining. Adrienne's parents liked it and I think that they felt the spirit of the message and songs.

Keep being happy and enjoy the journey as you all go through many diverse experiences in this life. I love you and pray for your happiness.

-Elder Spencer Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment