Elder Benjamin Larson



Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tim Tam Slam

Hey guys,

This week was good. We had an exchange with some Elders down in Naples. Elder Salmon came with me and we had a great time. He is from Provo and is going to to UVU when he gets back in about two weeks. He taught me a lot from the day and a half I was with him. At night we got some tim-tams and and boiled some hot coco and did the TimTam slam. mmmmmmmmm It was so good and I think I gained a couple pounds from it.
Margie is doing very well. She is so excited that after church she was trying on White jumpsuits for her baptism. Scott came to church a second time and he is still searching. We went over to visit with him while Margie was at work and we found out that he hasn't really asked if God yet if Joseph smith is a prophet and if the Book Of Mormon is True. So we challenged him to do so. I think that I need to refer him to Moroni !0: 3-5 again for an out line. We still are having difficulties finding some more people to teach. I am determined to get someone this week, and it is going to be awesome. he he.
Another cool thing that happened was that one of the Vanegas kids went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. She seemed to have enjoyed it a lot.
In church I learned a good lesson. Don't Murmur. In sacrament meeting last week they talked about pioneers so this week they all talked on Murmuring. It was a very enjoyable / chastising moment. I know I need to work on not murmuring. One of the speakers talked about how Satan and his angles are professional Murmurers. I liked that. And one of them said," Murmuring is an Extension of pride." I hope that everyone can learn to not murmur, judge, or be negative and Jealous. " When we are negative and Jealous we don't have faith."( Sacrament speaker).
Elder Gordon and I gave a training this week on a talk by David A. Bednar, called, "In the Strength of the Lord." I invite everyone to read this magnificent talk. It was a very good training and I learned more of the enabling power of the Atonement. It has changed the way I pray and work. I pray for strength to change my circumstances instead of asking the lord to change them for me. Just like when Nephi was bound by his brothers and he prayed for strength to burst the cords, and then in faith that the lord would help him he broke them. Nephi probably didn't just sit there and wait for the bands to be loosened off from him, he acted, instead of being acted upon. I loved that talk It has changed my perspective of what the Atonement is for me. We don't have to do it alone, Jesus is there to strengthen us and lift us higher.
To find this talk just look up on google and type in the strength of the lord. You should be able to find it. I love you all. have a good week and READ THAT TALK.!

--
[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment