Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, January 16, 2012

I saw David Archuletta at church

Hey Dad Kris Kids. and all you other wonderful people.

I am doing good her in Philippines, It is still very much hot. and I sweat a lot of the times. Tell Grandma Martin I got her christmas letter, and that it was good to hear how she was doing.

So nothing really cool happened this week, pretty normal. Oh yeah, yesterday at church we had a bunch of people attend, mostly from the other wards, then David Archuletta showed up too. Ha what a coincidence. I never thought I would see a famous person at church in the Philippines.............. He bore his testimony.

Also I taught the Gospel principles class all by myself, it is the class for the Investigators/Less actives, but it was only less actives who were there. I had to teach, because the usual teacher was in another class and my comp had to interview someone for baptism, so with out a plan, during the opening prayer I felt like I should teach about sacrament meeting, so I did. I opened a scripture about the sabbath and asked everyone why church is so important to them, and then with their answers I guided the lesson towards Sacrament, then I sang the song, Nearer my God to thee, I was only going to read it, but then they made me sing it. I liked it, I don't know if they did. But the coolest part is that I really felt the lord helping me, especially with the language. I didn't really have any brain farts or anything, it went surprisingly smooth. Man, God is very nice to me!

We have been teaching Dhalia a lot, she is the Investigator we are focussing on really. And on sunday, we taught her, and her sister was with her. They are both the religion Iglesia Ni Cristo, and her sister is very firm. I guess they don't believe in having pictures of Jesus Christ in their church, because Dhalia's sister brought up the picture subject. At first she was asking (well stating really) that we worship the pictures not Jesus, then we told her, that we know that pictures are just pictures and we only worship God the father and his son. Then she went on this whole thing, of "why do we have pictures of christ?" "Did the artist see him to know what he looks like, or how do you know what he looks like, how do you know the pictures are right." I was a little frustrated with her, (Dhalia's sister) because she wasn't asking the question to learn, she was asking it to stump us and make us feel like retards. We did our best, and we gave our testimonies that We know Jesus has shown himself to many prophets in history, including Joseph Smith, (we were trying to focus on him). As I was baring my testimony, and as I looked at her face, I noticed she was laughing a little. During my testimony I really felt the spirit, I was a little emotional too, as I told how this Gospel has blessed my family, and she was just laughing at me. I quickly closed at that point and then stayed quiet. I was trying not to dislike her very much. I just hope Sister Dhalia is still having a good spiritual experience and desire to learn this gospel.

So I am having very many growing and learning experiences here. The lord is helping me through them all, I think he always has, and always will, as long as I do my best to follow and love him.

Anni and Davo, I miss you guys a lot, have fun in school, and in your sports, and remember your big bro Ben loves you and is praying for you. Dad and Kris, I love you guys, thanks for your e mails, and support to me in the mission. it is good to feel it like this.

I love you all, and know that this church is true. It is Christ's church, and he is LEADING it.

Love

Elder Benjamin L. Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment