Elder Benjamin Larson



Saturday, January 14, 2012

A night in Bethlehem

This week was a very good one for me. I am finally getting out of my sickness and I feel great. It was the perfect timing because we had to meet and greet a lot of people at a church christmas activity called "The night in Bethlehem". It was kind of like a walk through show in bethlehem. It was so much fun. I even learned how to spell my name in hebrew. It went on for 4 days and every night got busier as the days got closer to the weekend. I got about 15 referals from it in total and it was very fun to talk with so many people. I think that it was a very useful way of finding. And I got a little fat from eating so much cookies and hot chocolate.

Elder Elizondo is doing very well. He is teaching a long right with us and having a fun time on his mission so far. One of my most favorite successes that happened this week involved a less active member named Flora. She is spanish and has a hard time reading the Book Of Mormon. So we sat down with her and read the first chapter of the Book Of Mormon with her and talked about in great detail on how it applies to her life. In doing so the spirit led the conversation to other things such as the word of wisdom. Flora has struggled with this for a bit and we challenged her very boldly and lovingly to stop for two weeks and see what happens. I called her to see how it was going the next day and she said that she wasn't having any tea or coffee. We also challenged her to come to church with us. She actually came, for the first time in all my time being here she came. and she stayed for all three hours. The best part is that she The whole week she didn't drink a single drop of tea or coffee. Instead she drank Lemonade. I am so proud of her, and I let her know it.

I love this work. My testimony of Jesus is growing day by day and It is wonderful. I feel hope and peace as I pray. Take care and have a good week.

-- [Elder Spencer Larson]
ps. I can't wait to talk to all of you. except you my brothers. I miss you guys so much, have a good christmas where ever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment