Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, January 16, 2012

Teaching sister Dhalia Garcia

Hey Dad Kris Anni and Davo, and family,

This week has been good, and a little hard too but mostly good. I am good, by the way, I am going well, here in Philippines.

We have been teaching Sister Dhalia Garcia, we found her through a less active family that we have been visiting. She lives with them and when we came over, she had so much questions for us. I don't remember really if I had told this to you so I guess I will tell again.

She is belongs to the Iglesia Ni Cristo church, it is HUGE here. Anyway, we taught first a part of the Plan of Salvation because her sister had died, and she had questions which was wonderful. And then the word of wisdom came up, and she really had questions there. She doesn't have a problem really at all with the WOW, she doesn't drink smoke or drink. She is great.

We gave her a pamphlet of the Restoration, as well as the Plan of Salvation, she read them both!! Ha this is a cool thing because many times the people we give the pamflets to don't read them, but she did. And she has like a freeking true desire to learn and know the truth! I Have never felt the spirit so much as I do when we teach her and her husband, with the Less Active family. This last lesson, she Prayed! I have never heard a more sincere prayer. We didn't even have to teach her how to pray, (which we do a lot actually) she read 'how to pray' in the Restoration pamflet, and she really has an understanding that prayer is communication with our father in heaven.

When she was praying, I remember she asked to know of the truth, and she expressed thanks for us being sent to her. And as she prayed these thing, her voice began to crack and the tears began to poor, and the spirit flowed through all who was in the room. When she was done she burried her face in the neck of her 2 year old baby girl to hide her tear wetted face from us. We expressed our great thanks and left, with tears also in our eyes!

Holy Crap the spirit ROCKS!! Nothing like it!! With the spirit all things are possible, through the spirit people change, and in the spirit we become stronger. So that is a good quote I think we should all remember. And I Just made it up so, the spirit is sweet. Moral of the story is that.

Also I realized this week while riding on a Jeep-nee that the lanes here, are pretty much just for looks, the cars don't even fit in them, but its ok, cause they don't use them, they just drive where ever there is space. Also a drunk man thanked me for Jesus this week. Like those were his exact words. "Hey Joe" he said, "thank you for Jesus" What a nice drunk man. Also there is this old guy in our ward who bares his testimony 3 times usually, in fast and testimony meeting. He is my favorite! He always, talks about the BOM and Joseph smith, and he has the most passion in his voice than a usual old man can have.

So this week, was good. And the Language is a still little bit harder, but I can see a growth in my learning and understanding. Speaking is the harder one.

I love you all and hope you are all so happy. You are so great, and I am grateful for you very much.

Love

Elder Benjamin L. Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment