Elder Benjamin Larson



Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pasko #2

Hello my mom and Jess and family!How is it all going!?

I hope you are all happy, and enjoying that weather, it is still hot here, I sweat like a sinner in church every day!!! Ha but I like it, I am getting used to it I think, Or just used to dealing with it.

So 15 hours time difference. I don't know exactly how it will work, because we have transfer's on the 21 of december, so right before christmas, I don't know why they did that, but it's ok. I don't know if I will stay or go, I have mixed feelings about it cause I like this area, I have been here for 4 months, it is my first area. Ha, there is an elder in our zone who goes home this transfer, he is basically done, his parents came and they are going to stay here for like a week or something, ha it was kinda wierd thinking about that.

So I am doing good here, lets see, the language is still hard, I feel like I just keep saying that to you guys, ha hopefully one day I will be able to say, "I am fluent!!" And I hope that is soon.

In our mission we have made a big shift. Instead of focussing on investigators, we are now focussing on Less Active members. Because it is estimated in the past 5 years there has been 75,000 baptisms, I think, but only 10,000 are active, so we have lost like a lot, the real stastistic is like 8 out of 10 baptized go in-active. So that is a big thing that we are switching and focussing on now. I like it, We have even found so much more investigators from finding new Less active members. Ha it is sweet.

We had a good district meeting this morning, and also last week. I have really had my testimony strengthened since I have been here, especially in Jesus Christ. I made a goal in the MTC to be able to say that my relationship with the savior is like a very close friendship, and I feel like I am reaching that goal and exceeding it, every week. I love my savior he is the rock of my testimony. I know I am weak, and I have doubts, but I have faith in Christ, and with that faith, those doubts are flushed down the toilet! I love it.

Faith is one of my favorite things! I like the scripture in Moroni chapter 7 verses 30 I think to whatever like 40. It talks about miricales and if miricals cease it is because of the lack of our faith, I like that a lot, cause sometimes I do have doubts, in miricles or whatever, but I know that christ can do all things, and If we have faith in him, we can also do all things.

I love this church, and I love Christ, he is my Best Friend, and in the times I have had no where else to turn, he has always been there to lift me, and to carry me through my burdens and trials. I know he is there for ALL of us, IF we ACCEPT him and ALLOW him to help us. Just pray for it, out loud and you WILL feel the love of god for you! I know it!

So No drunk people have kissed me or anything, too bad, maybe next week we can have a good laugh. I hope you are all happy, and Healthy. Mom I hope your foot gets better and Jess I hope you find a good happy job, Pray about it. I love you all, and am excited to talk to you on christmas!!!

Love you so much Mom, and Jess!! And mom again.

Love Elder Benjamin Lamoreaux Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment