Elder Benjamin Larson



Monday, January 16, 2012

Mosiah 2:17

Hey Family,

It was really nice to talk with you all and i was very happy to see Stephen's face again. This Week I realized that this was the hottest Christmas I have ever experience in all my life. Last year was freezing here and before that I was used to all the snow. it is so weird. One thing that stuck out to me as I talked with you all is the feeling that I must finish out strong and with great enthusiasm and love. I remembered this morning about what Kris said about the spirit in lessons and waiting for that heavenly inspiration and then opening my mouth. That is something that is so important to do, because believe it or not I am a talker out here. I have been out here awhile and I think I know what I am doing. But even more important than gaining confidence in myself is gaining confidence in The Spirit of God. So at 2pm today at our appointment with Jeff, I am going to do exactly that.

Their is one good experience that I would like to share. This last Thursday we had a dinner appointment with the Jennings family. Of coarse they forgot about us so instead they took us to a Greek place and I ate a lot of lamb sandwiches called Euros. Then afterwards i went with bro Jennings to help him deliver presents to members of the ward. one house we went to was of a family that lived in a crowed trailer with a very little Christmas ahead of them. so it was a joy to bring them presents to put under their tree. Then me and bro jennings ended up carrying a big refrigerator in her house as well. I cut my finger on the bottom and we both got very sweaty and dirty.
I felt so good about that experience that I was able to help them in their time of need. "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your god," Mosiah 2: 17


Take care and have a happy new Year.

[Elder Spencer Larson]

No comments:

Post a Comment